Sunday 17 April 2016

Forty at 40 - the end

Well that's that then. All done! Back in February last year I had no idea whether I'd make it through the list, what would be the best thing, what would be the hardest or even what some of things would even be. But make it I did and had an amazing time in the process. Of all of things I did it's impossible to pick a favourites, but I couldn't leave this blog behind without at least picking out a few highlights.

So then....

HARDEST TO ACHIEVE

# 34 - Framing that blooming Matisse print! What I thought would be an easy task ended up taking up way more leg work, research and time than I expected. I'm still glad I did it though

MOST UNEXPECTEDLY BRILLIANT

# 33 - Booking tickets to see Bellowhead on whim, based on the fact that I quite liked a couple of their songs, and then reluctantly dragging myself out of the house on a wet, dark November evening, were two of the best decisions I made all year.

BEST FOOD-RELATED

# 40 - No question about it, the meal at Midsummer House was the best meal I've ever had. End of.

MOST IMPRESSIVE ACHIEVEMENT

# 7 - Running a 5k. Well, completing it anyway, running is what fit people do. But a 5k though. Me!

MOST LIKELY TO HAVE NOT HAPPENED AT ALL

# 35 - It did though, ha!

MOST FUN

# 28 - Once mastered, Segways are the most fun you can have on two wheels. And riding them round Lyon on a sunny end-of-summer evening made the whole experience even better.

AND FINALLY, THE TOP 3

Out of so many great things this isn't an easy choice but, in no particular order...

# 33 - Again, that Bellowhead gig

# 14 - Taking part in the Jersey Island Walk - I'll never forget walking along the east coast of the island as the sun came up behind Gorey castle.

# 20 - Visiting Les Ecrehous - this was such a fun trip and it was great to be able to share it with my whole family. Next time we'll hopefully see some dolphins!

Oh, and yes, I did complete the diary. Just.

So there you go. It's done. Finished. Complete. And don't ask what I'll be doing for my 50th. That's AGES away!

No comments:

Post a Comment