Saturday 9 May 2015

# 7 Run a 5k

I've been trying to reach this particular target for years and have twice got almost through the Couch to 5k program. Third time lucky though as this year I've managed to complete the whole thing and finished it off by running an actual 5k race! Ok, running isn't the most accurate description but I did jog for most of it.


There are Parkruns held in Bury, and lots of other places around the country, which give you the chance to take part in a competitive race against others and they provide you with a record of your time at the end of each race. It's a great idea and everyone is welcome, both fast and slow.


So my time on my first go was 38.43. Not great but the only way is up! Hopefully I'll manage to make some improvement before I take part in the Race for Life 5k in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment