Sunday 28 June 2015

# 16 Volunteer for something

Like raising money for charity this is something I've done very little of over the years and when signing up for the Race for Life 5k I noticed that they were also looking for volunteers for the 10k race in the afternoon. As I was going to be there for the morning race it made sense to stay on and help out if I could.


After the morning's exertions I was directed to the admin tent where we were there to answer any questions and provide people with replacement race numbers if needed. Then a little later on they were short of marshalls round the course so I was sent to a checkpoint to keep an eye on the runners (and walkers) out on the course.

All in all it was a lovely afternoon and a great, and very easy, way to help out the charity. I'll definitely be doing it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment